Volunteer Assistant Program
Are you interested in volunteering at our award-winning cooking school? Our three-hour orientation will set you up for success and get you ready to work alongside the best chefs in Atlanta and beyond. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and want to learn more about cooking, this program is perfect for you.
Every class experience is different, but duties include assisting with class prep, interacting with students, washing dishes, maintaining a tidy work area, food plating, and end-of-class clean up. In return for your hard work, you get to sample food made in class, take home the recipes, and earn credits towards free classes in the future. This FREE orientation will cover what you need to get started in the kitchen, including basic knife skills, essential cooking tools, food safety, class flow, and code of conduct. Our volunteer assistants are the heart of our culinary program, working tirelessly to keep our public classes and private events running smoothly. Come see if you have what it takes!
- Attend the three-hour Cooking Class Assistant Orientation.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to become an assistant.
- A desire to learn tips and tricks from the pros!
- A willingness to work hard!
- A great attitude!
- Assistance before, during, and after the class. These duties include:
- Setting up the classroom, including recipe trays and equipment
- Assisting chefs, principle assistant, and students with food preparation, plating, and service
- Serving as liaison between the students and chef, ensuring an optimum learning experience
- Cleaning and washing dishes during and after each class
- End of class clean up, including sanitizing counters, sweeping, and mopping kitchen
- Admission to the class you assist, along with a copy of the class recipes and a generous tasting of the food prepared in class.
- Credits (“stamps”) for future classes – 1 stamp per class
- After every six stamps that you receive as a volunteer assistant, you earn $80 towards future cooking classes which you may use yourself or give as a gift. (some classes earn “double stamps”: knife skills 101, kids and family classes, private events, and date night classes.)
- Please note, these credits are good for cooking classes only. If signing up for a gift with purchase class, merchandise must be purchased separately, including cookbooks. Fundraising classes, such as Simple Abundance, cannot be purchased with white cards.)
- “Day of” discount on purchases: 30% off of most items* and 20% off of electrics on the days you assist. (*large appliances, outdoor grills, gift cards, discontinued and closeout sale items do not apply. Not to be combined with any other offers.)
- We ask that all shopping is done before your volunteer shift begins, not during or after class.