Top-of-the-line MIYABI Birchwood is a work of culinary art. Both blade and handle are crafted from the most precious materials, which shape their striking appearance.
More than meets the eye, the potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protected by 100 layers of steel. MIYABI's innovative, ice-hardening process locks in the long-lasting sharpness of the CRYODUR blades. Beneath its beautiful exterior, the flower Damascus pattern provides added durability.
The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking Karelian (Masur) Birch handle. A prized material for knife handles, Karelian Birch is also the only wood ever used in a Faberge egg. Exquisite and ergonomic, MIYABI Birchwood knives feel as good as they look.
- Mirror-polished blade with distinctive etched ladder Damascus pattern with katana edge.
- Rounded spine and heel with steel endcap including embossed logo.
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Fabricated from G2 micro-carbide powder steel.
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 63.
- Hand-honed using the traditional 3 step Honbazuke method.
- Ergonomic D-shape handle made from prized Japanese Karelian Birch.
- Hand washing recommended, dishwasher chemicals can damage the surface of the steel.
- Clean under warm water with mild soap and non-scratch cloth or sponge.
- Dry immediately
- Use & Storage:
- To maintain a sharper cutting edge, use a sharpening steel, preferably each time after youÕve used a knife.
- Do not cut through bone unless using a meat cleaver, as bone could damage the knife blade.